Thread: Moondance - Van Morrison

Default Moondance - Van Morrison

Moondance with Minor Chords in the chorus - as per the sheet music

Your attempt to post a song chart was not successful.
    Helpful information:
    https://irealpro.com/support/

There are many versions of Moondance already posted.

Here's one:
    Moondance - Van Morrison
    )BOB

3. Default

OK, here's another. My arrangement exactly matches the recording, and it plays it too. 134bpm, 4x through.

Moondance - Van Morrison

Moondance - Van Morrison

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CyrilleB View Post
    Moondance - Van Morrison
    Thanks for this. Your chart intro has a repeat sign, however the song's intro only plays four bars, not eight.

The addition of the abrupt changes in bars 7 and 8 of the B section are good (not sure what the musical term for that is). How did you create those? Also wondering about bars 5/6 in B; shouldn't those chords be spelled out since they fall at the beginning of a line?

Sorry for the beginner questions. I'm learning from your edits!

I made a few tweaks to your chart. As a bass player, I'm definitely hearing B-7/E in the A, B sections and Coda. I'd appreciate your thoughts....

Moondance 1 - Van Morrison
    Last edited by DaveBuergerOnBass; Yesterday at 04:31 PM.

This is odd.
    The intro in my chart has both opening and closing repeat signs. It does correctly plays 8 bars on my device. I can't explain why it only plays 4 bars on yours. I've played the entire song along with the recording, it follows exactly the same structure.
    The bass clearly plays a B on the downbeat over the B-7 chord. So it's not a B-7/E (or E9sus). It's just a B-7.
    There's no need to write the chords again at the beginning of each row. If it's the same chord, you can keep using the double repeat sign until there's a new chord.
    The rhythm markings are just symbols (Unicode) entered are text comments

There's no need to write the chords again at the beginning of each row. If it's the same chord, you can keep using the double repeat sign until there's a new chord.
    Dave, Cyrille is correct, the player will work ok if you continue using bar-repeats across systems.

The iRp layout conventions do suggest writing the chord(s) again at the start of a new line.

Chart Layout Conventions
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...&p=301#post301

I usually do that on my charts and find it easier to follow.

Anytime I use an “ink-saving” shortcut, I try to consider if it helps or hurts the readability of the chart. When possible, I go with whatever is easiest (for me) to follow.

)BOB

Yes, Bob, you're right.
    It's just a matter of personal choice.
    I usually only rewrite the chords again at the beginning of a new section or when there's a change in time signature. Otherwise, as long as it's the same chords that repeats over and over, the repeat symbol works just fine.
    The reason why is that it's easier to spot a different chord change when reading from far away. Also this is to avoid to constantly look at the chart. If you take a tune like "impression" or "so what" (well, there's no need for a chart for those songs, anyway), but you can see from far away when there's a "different" chord coming. I've also found that this way is easier to memorize a chart, because you only need to process new material.

9. Default

OK, thanks guys! Regarding the intro: yes, I saw your chart played 8 bars. The recording's intro is just 4 bars, so I wasn't clear in the first comment. Lots to learn about this system!