Thread: Wipe Out - Bob Berryhill, Pat Connolly, Jim Fuller and Ron Wilson (Request)

1. Default Wipe Out - Bob Berryhill, Pat Connolly, Jim Fuller and Ron Wilson (Request)

Multiple searchapproaches here have failed to turn this one up. Can you help? It's for a bandperforming in Assisted Living Centers and Nursing Homes. THANK YOU!

Song Title: Wipe Out

SongComposer: Bob Berryhill, Pat Connolly, Jim Fuller and Ron Wilson, 1963

Band Name orPerformer: The Surfaris

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hLeQCnTGq8

Wikipedia Link(about the song): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wipe_Out_(instrumental)

Wipe Out - Berryhill-Connolly-Fuller-Wilson

4. Default

Was just about to transcribe this.... Thank you!!

I believe the original song was done in B minor.
    Last edited by DaveBuergerOnBass; Yesterday at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBuergerOnBass View Post
    Was just about to transcribe this.... Thank you!!

I believe the original song was done in B minor.
    No, the original is in C major. You can check live performances videos. However, there are a few videos on YouTube that have been pitched down a half step
    This song is just a blues. There's no real need for a chart (except maybe for the breaks)
    Last edited by CyrilleB; Today at 12:49 AM.

6. Default

I'll take your word for it! I listened (and played back with my bass) to the version on Spotify, and I'm guessing the half-step difference in perception was due to compression or some other internet effect. I doubt anyone in the audience will care, esp. the intended audience in assisted living centers and nursing homes! : )

Yes, I'm pretty sure. In their live video, I can clearly see the fingers position on the guitar, and it clearly shows that they're playing in C (unless they don't use a standard tuning).
    Also guitarists usually don't like to play in the key of B. It's not very natural. C is so much easier.