Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: East Of The Sun - Brooks Bowman

Default East Of The Sun - Brooks Bowman

East of the sun real book 3 changes
    Exact duplicate of the real book page 104 except two chords were changed to nine chords since the melody was the nine and some piano players play Flat 9 going to minor chord .
    East Of The Sun RB3 - Brooks Bowman
    Last edited by Bobsax; 02-10-2018 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Corrected thread title
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Thanks for starting the discussion thread for this great tune.
    )BOB

I play it faster and with additional changes.

East Of The Sun-Rev JE - Brooks Bowman

Cheers,
    Jer
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website

I picked EAST OF THE SUN at random to learn, and made up a chart out of the changes in my Hal Leonard book which is slightly different from Bobsax's chart. I placed it at 112 BPM as this seemed like a fitting tempo if I was going to sing it.

East Of The Sun (Hal Leonard) - Brooks Bowman

Nice chart Greg. which Hal Leonard book did you get it from?
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

THE BOOK: The Most Amazing, Colossal, Ultimate Selection of the Best Songs Ever Assembled in a Real Legal Fake Book. I think it was published in the late 80s; I picked it up at Powell's in Portland, OR in the early 90s.

Here's the finished music video I produced, using the iReal Pro chart I composed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXL7...ature=youtu.be

Diana Krall version:

East Of The Sun (And West Of The Moon) (Diana Krall) - Brooks Bowman

Cyrill thanks … Great chart much appreciated Singer I work with wants to do this version… Did you mean to make those Eb’s just major?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    Cyrill thanks … Great chart much appreciated Singer I work with wants to do this version… Did you mean to make those Eb’s just major?
    There's no Eb major in this chart. The only two Eb chords are the Eb13 (in the intro) and the Ebm(Maj7) in the A section.
    If the Ebm(Maj7) chord is displayed as a major chord in your device, make sure to update iReal Pro to the latest version
    Last edited by CyrilleB; 08-20-2024 at 08:44 PM.