Thread: 3rd/4th/5th time bars

Default 3rd/4th/5th time bars

So I have been editing the Sting tune Shape of My Heart, which plays the first 8 bars 5 times and then moves on.
    Trouble is on the 5th time the 8th bar is slightly different, so I want to have a 1,2,3,4th time bar for the first 4 repeats then a 5th time bar for the 5th repeat.
    To make it play the first section 5 times I have added text ('5x')on the 4th beat just before the repeat sign (this is the 1/2/3/4th time bar - I have used the empty bracket to mark this and used text to indicate '1.2.3.4.').
    So it looks right as a score, but when played in iReal Pro it plays through the 1/2/3/4th time bar on the 5th report and then plays the 5th time bar as well.
    Is there a way to make a 1st time bar (which is also a 2/3/4th etc bar) work as written when playing the score?
    Last edited by thirdspace; 07-30-2024 at 10:53 AM.

FOR HELP WITH YOUR CHART… POST IT!
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...1154#post71154

)BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    FOR HELP WITH YOUR CHART… POST IT!
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...1154#post71154

)BOB
    You have reminded me thanks

Firstly - I didn't get a notification from your reply to my post, but I did get one when you sent me the reminder message. Just spotted the subscribe button lower on this page so should be OK there now I hope
    Secondly - you have reminded me why my focus went elsewhere - I have tried to upload the file (an iReal pro format .html) but neither of my browsers are allowing me to upload (that is I press the buttons or drag and drop but no file uploads). Again - new user error for sure!! If I could work out how to upload I would happily share the file
    Having said that I note that lower down this window by the 'Manage attachments' section it lists allowable attachments as 'Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif irb jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip' - so no .html there then
    What format should I upload in? Is it the copy and paste option you get when you choose Export>Forums ??

Thanks for your patience

OK - let's give it a go (having now read the post at the link you shared lols #classic)

Shape Of My Heart (edit) - Sting