Thread: Thank You (Dziekuje) - Dave Brubeck

Default Thank You (Dziekuje) - Dave Brubeck

This is the chart I created so I can practice Dave Brubeck's Thank You (Dziekuje) . It works well for what I need it for. To get better, I do it in 120, then again at 160 and then at 220 just trying to keep up. I also vary the style to make it interesting. This song first appears in the album Jazz Impressions of Eurasia from 1958 but also appears in the Bennet/Brubeck White House Sessions album recorded in 1962. The song is in Bb Minor and was inspired by a vist, whilst in Poland on a tour arrainged by the State Department, to a musical museum. The museum featured Chopin's pianos and a cast of Chopin's hands. He incorporates several Chopin piano motifs and devices in this piece and it is most excellent.

Thank You (Dziekuje) - Dave Brubeck
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-28-2024 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Corrected thread title format

Great addition to the forums. It’s more flexible to write the chart’s form with a coda (if necessary) and setting the number of form repeats using the player instead of locking in two repeats by using two ending voltas. The F7sus4 isn’t recognized by the player so only the F bass note sounds. I changed it to F7sus and the player understands what you want.

Try using this chart (or highlight just a section) with Practice Mode (graduation hat icon) set to increase the tempo 10-20 bpm each repeat and let the player seamlessly speed up your fingers

Thank You (Dziekuje) - Dave Brubeck

)BOB

Bob, thanks so much for your edits and the suggestion on the Coda and the Practice Mode. I have not used that yet and plan on doing it now that I know about it! This program is so awesome for practice and for performance. BTW, I think I should have done the cord as F11 as that would have rendered what I wanted to achieve but sometimes my theory lacking. In the left had when I play that part, I am doing the sus sort of.

Thanks so much for the input and the edited chart.

I think the 11 has both the 3 and 11(4) and the sus has the 4 instead of the 3.

When you use Practice Mode remember to turn it Off when finished.
    (Don’t ask how I learned that…)
    )BOB

hfarner,

Nice chart. Here are the changes from the sheet music, which fit when you play along with the recording.

Thank You (Dziekuje)-Rev JE - Dave Brubeck

Cheers,
    Jer
    Last edited by engelbach; Today at 12:07 PM.
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website