Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guitar with capo

Quote Originally Posted by robkoper View Post
    This is confusing: it is not really related to the pitch that the playback engine is playing, but to the chord diagrams: maybe important but unrated issue to the ‘capo’, cq instrument tuning of guitars
    Yes it can be confusing.
    Currently, to keep the player sounding in concert pitch AND relabel the chart’s chords (and therefore also the chord diagrams) to a different key, users are limited to just 4 choices besides the concert key using the transposing instrument settings.
    If that setting were modified to include the 7 missing choices besides the “horn keys”, the chord diagrams could be independently changed to accommodate any capo position.
    This example currently works:
    Song is in C = transposing instrument setting Eb = chords and diagrams in A (guitar capo 3, play A)

Your suggestion alters the pitch from a predetermined chord label.
    A solo guitarist could certainly view it that way.

Everyone else in the band (except horns and reeds) just wants to have the concert chords in the concert key. You want to play it in the same concert pitch, you just want to read different chords (like horns and reeds) and place a capo in a specified location.

)BOB

Let's forget everything that has been said here.

I have a song in Bflat. It is easier to play in A, so I put a capo on my guitar. What is an easy and straightforward way for this song only to see the chords in A and hear the music in Bflat?

Quote Originally Posted by sciurius View Post
    Let's forget everything that has been said here.

I have a song in Bflat. It is easier to play in A, so I put a capo on my guitar. What is an easy and straightforward way for this song only to see the chords in A and hear the music in Bflat?
    It would be great if there were an easy way to do that, but it’s
    not available within the iRp app at this time.

Currently, I would probably do it this way.
    You could transpose the chart to A, take a screenshot.
    Transpose back to Bb, play, view screenshot.
    (player position indicator won’t be available in screenshot)
    )BOB

Well, it's been only 8 years since this feature was requested. Let's give the developers some time.