Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: default transposition flat (Enharmony)

I don't really mind having a mix of sharps and flats in a chart, but the thing that confuses me the most is having slash chords where the upper part is in flat and the lower part in sharp or vice versa (ex. Gb/A# instead of Gb/Bb)

Hi guys, Would there be a way of at least maintaining harmonic integrity within a harmonic cell. I, like a lot of guys out there, use IReal pro as a shedding tool. When I have a bunch of II V I's in 12 keys, I find it very frustrating that you can find things like "Eb-7 G#7 Dbmaj7" I've tried various work-arounds proposed on this forum but when you have 12 keys represented, it's near impossible to get IReal to present them cleanly!

I really tried hard to use the workaround. Not working. I would greatly appreciate another walkthrough the workaround. I have a chart in A, and I need to get it to F#, not Gb. Is it possible without completely editing every entry in the chart?

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyRC View Post
    I really tried hard to use the workaround. Not working. I would greatly appreciate another walkthrough the workaround. I have a chart in A, and I need to get it to F#, not Gb. Is it possible without completely editing every entry in the chart?
    Try this
    Chart in A
    She's a Woman - Lennon/McCartney

Edit, Duplicate, info screen, Key, D, SET (NOT set and transpose) Done, Save.

Chart appears unchanged (still in A), only the default key has been (incorrectly) changed to D.

She's a Woman 1 - Lennon/McCartney

Now, open the chart-transpose screen. Choose B. Done.

She's a Woman 1 - Lennon/McCartney

Chart appears to be in F# even though the listed (transposed) key in the chart is now B.

This could cause the player to sound a B chord as the automatic ending.
    If that’s an issue use the END instruction. (While editing)

How this works: chart is in A you want to transpose it to A’s 6th F#.
    By resetting the default key to another (incorrect) key (that favors #’s in transposition), and then transposing that to its 6th, you get what you get. In this case I chose D>B.
    Some experimentation and maybe good luck may be needed.

Remember, it’s a workaround….a hack. That’s why I experimented on a DUPLICATE.

)BOB