Thread: How to connect the guitar (bass) to the iPhone to practice with the iRealBook player?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hmmm... not so good for me. This feature would make an already excellent app the best app I've got if I could get it to work!
    This is what I did, and what happens. First, I have an iTouch 2.1, running iOS 4.2.1.
    1. I turned background audio off in iRealb.
    2. I pulled up a tune, and pressed play. Song plays (sounds great btw).
    3. I click the command button on my iTouch to access Amplitube...iRealb audio slowly fades out.
    4. I open amplitube, and hear my bass playing...no iRealb song though.
    5. Background audio is already on, so I leave it, though on a couple attempts, I turn it off then on.
    6. I click the iTouch command button again to open iRealb, and my bass fades to nothing.
    7. I activate iRealb, and the song I selected is shown, but not the play screen, and there is no audio. The song has stopped.
    8. I open the play screen, start the song, it plays from 00.00, and there is no bass from me with it.

btw, I am using the Peavey Ampkit Link, but Amplitube has no problem with it.

Can you see where anything I've done is wrong, or if the equipment I have is just not up to it? I want to make this work in such a bad way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by agfrag View Post
    First, I have an iTouch 2.1, running iOS 4.2.1.
    Do you mean you have an iPod Touch gen2?
    It will not work. Multitasking is not available on this model - even though the iOS version does on more recent devices (gen3 etc.)
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4205