Thread: Guitar with capo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for your extensive answer. Many of the alternatives I've already tried, and they don't make me happy.

From an implementation POV I think this is a minor issue. It is not even necessary (although it would be convenient) to store the capo setting in the song file (this would require and extension of the current file format, with possible backward compatibility issues).

So I'd strongly appreciate adding this feature to iRealPro.
    May I invite all other guitar players to support this request?

Default Add a capability for capo notation

Quote Originally Posted by sciurius View Post
    Thanks for your extensive answer. Many of the alternatives I've already tried, and they don't make me happy.

From an implementation POV I think this is a minor issue. It is not even necessary (although it would be convenient) to store the capo setting in the song file (this would require and extension of the current file format, with possible backward compatibility issues).

So I'd strongly appreciate adding this feature to iRealPro.
    May I invite all other guitar players to support this request?
    I second that request. You already have the capability built-in with global transpose, you just need to make that available for every semitone. It's very common for guitar players to play with a capo in any of the first 5 frets.

Really, you have to wonder why such a simple-to-implement and obvious request has been ignored for so long. The feature already exists, and only needs to be expanded to include all semitones. The original post was 8 years ago and it's been viewed almost 6000 times. It would be an extremely useful feature for thousands of users.