Thread: iReal Pro layout conventions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looks to me like these conventions have had to be made stricter for the Player. In particular I have been unable to squeeze in a 2/4 bar in a 4/4 song because the bar lines go funny at line ends after that.

Can anyone tell me the new conventions that will make it possible to fit in abnormal bars?

Hi Steve,
    There are 16 spaces in each line and you can place bar-lines anywhere.

I took a 4/4 tune, (4 bars to a line, 8 lines long) edited a copy then randomly made a measure 2/4 by adding that on the first space of a bar in the middle of the tune. (2/4 appeared ahead of that bar-line) The player went double-time from that point to the end. If there are three chords in a 4-space measure, and you try to play the tune in 2/4, you'll get an error message. (deleting one of the chords will solve it)

Your charts will "look" better and be easier to read if the bar-lines line-up, the irb-player can still play if they don't.

)BOB

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Looks to me like these conventions have had to be made stricter for the Player....Can anyone tell me the new conventions that will make it possible to fit in abnormal bars?
    http://irealbook.net/
    Help>iOS>Player
    There is additional information on our website on the Player behavior.

As Bob said, it is difficult for the Player to figure out three chords in a 2/4 bar... Or 4 chords in a 3/4 etc.
    For 2/4 you could have this bar occupy the same space as a 4/4 bar, just keep the bar lines where they would normally go, but put a 2/4 ahead of that bar and a 4/4 at the end of it.