Thread: Musical

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi, David. Thanks for taking all that time and thought with your responses.

-I added the "_" after each tune name because a few of the songs were already in iRP and, although they were very different arrangements, iRP does not permit you to have two versions of a song with identical names.

-All of your comments are good ones.

-Regarding ∆ being equal to ∆7, etc., I knew about that but I thought that those who didn't know would see the 7s in the book and might think I had made errors by leaving them off and distrust my charts. I'd sure like to save that space in a few places, though. So maybe I'll make that change anyway, at least where space is a problem. (E.g., in "Rich Man" I had changed some of the Gm7♭5 chords to Gø7 to avoid overcrowding, but I felt I needed to insert a text note saying they were the same. I'll knock the 7 off those for sure. You may have noticed that iRP won't let us omit the 7 from a m∆7 chord, though.)

-Regarding the authors' names, I've always felt that lyricists were under-recognized. And I don't quite yet see why the same tune showing up under various "Author" searches is a particular problem. Perhaps you could expound on that?

-Yes, page numbers could be anywhere in the text, but some of my charts already are crowded into 13 lines (systems), so finding a consistent location, tune to tune, for page numbers in the text, isn't always easy. (See, e.g., "Rich Man.")

-Thanks again for your comments, they are very good ones that I will consider.

Perhaps I should have sent this to you by PM, I dunno. If admin prefers that I change that, I certainly will.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 12-28-2014 at 10:21 AM.