Thread: Is there a playlist of all songs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is there a playlist of all songs

Is there a playlist of all songs available in the forum that I can load into the Mac editor ? I mean the playlist which is the base one on the iPhone.

I have found the Gypsy, the Jazz Standards etc but not the full list.

Thank you

Yverof

Quote Originally Posted by yverof View Post
    Is there a playlist of all songs available in the forum ...the playlist which is the base one on the iPhone.
    Hi Yverof, no only a list of the song titles, not the actual files.
    Why do you need it?

Hello, the reason is quite simple in fact.

I am VERY happy with everything you guys have done, but I really think it is easier to make changes to a song on my Mac than on my iPhone.

So consider the following real situation :

I have a group of 4 people, guitar, bass, drum, singer, sax

Only one of us (me ) has an iphone.
    I need to print the song for each member. Sax will have a different key.

Then as we practice the singer asks for a different key, then I need to reprint everything after making the changes on the Mac.

So basically it is for printing reasons.

Today I do this with Band in a Box, but I'd rather leave BiB and just work with iReakbook, which by the way has for me a better look for jazzers.

Of course if there was a way to send a song from iPhone to Mac then that would do it. Also a bridge between BiB and iRealbook would also be a solution.

I hope this is clear and answers your question,

Hmm, this might help you.

I would make a playlist of all the songs you need to edit. Send the Playlist to Mac editor.
    Instructions here:
    http://www.irealb.com/support/manuals/ios-manual/

Click on it in Mail, it will open in Mac editor. Make changes to the songs and send back to iOS device (Playlist to iOS device).
    Because you have made changes to the chords, they will be imported into iReal book (it thinks they are different songs....it renames the title by adding a number to it -1 etc.)

In Playlists, click on this playlist and use Song view to view each song. Use Send menu to Send 'As printable image.' Email to your computer. Transpose, Send again 'As printable image.' And so on.
    From your computer, use the jpgs to print out.

(or in Mac editor you can transpose then print or print to PDF)

Obviously if you want to print out the whole library this would be laborious (!) but I am wondering if you actually need to do this for each song?
    Last edited by Starfish; 12-26-2011 at 05:51 PM.

This is just what I need. Thank you, I can print as needed. I do not need the entire book. great, Yverof