Thread: Equinox - John Coltrane

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My post just disappeared. Oh well, here we go again.

With all due respect, the link your provided isn't really telling me what I'm doing wrong here. I did what it is telling me to do as in the 500 miles example, and I quote:
    "One way is to use the Coda as what is sometimes referred to as outro or tag.
    As seen in 500 Miles High, the Coda will be played only once at the very end. [that's what I want]
    If for example, you set the player to repeat 5 times, the main part of the song will repeat 5 times and finally jump to the Coda during the very last repeat {that's NOT what I want]

This appears to me to be a bug. It will not play all the way through if you only want one play; it will recognize the coda sign before the song is done. Also, it didn't stop at the end bar, and went up to play the A section again, and ended there.
    The forums indicated that you (accidentally?) deleted your missing post. I was able to restore it.

Using "DS or DC al coda" includes the coda in the form every time the player repeats.
    Simply using just the coda-symbol(s) appends the coda to the form only the final player repeat. If the player is set to 1x, the first play is, in fact, the final repeat...

The IN (or V) section only plays once at the start unless instructed otherwise by a DC.
    Using the Segno is unnecessary immediately following the Intro. Player repeats automatically start at the first letter-mark after the Intro.

To avoid confusion, it's best to describe your desired road-map (arrangement) for the song's form using rehearsal marks and ending numbers.
    eg. In,A1,A2,B,C. Coda or AA BB CA etc.

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-28-2019 at 11:39 AM.