Thread: iReal Pro layout conventions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Another question re iRB protocols

Progressions I crib from Band-in-a-Box charts often seem to be pumped to the max with chords that I suspect the original composer did not contemplate. Ditto ones I learn from the local chord-melody banjo floggers. And then there are the ones painstakingly extracted from the audio by old-fashioned ear. Question is, in a progression submitted for the iRB library, how strong is the expectation that it will display all and only the chords of the tune as originally published? A corollary question is, would it be worthwhile/appropriate to attach info as to its origin, to the tune itself (as opp to the e-mail message submitting it) -- e.g. "BIAB" or "l.f." or "o-f-e."

Sorry if this has already been dealt with-- I've looked but not found it anywhere.

There are no expectations about the song charts.
    It's an open forum so you can post any version of the song that you like.
    There is currently no specific field to indicate the origins of the particular version but feel free to indicate it in the title or as added text in the chart itself if it so pleases you.

Quote Originally Posted by 5on4 View Post
    ...Question is, in a progression submitted for the iRB library, how strong is the expectation that it will display all and only the chords of the tune as originally published? A corollary question is, would it be worthwhile/appropriate to attach info as to its origin, to the tune itself (as opp to the e-mail message submitting it) -- e.g. "BIAB" or "l.f." or "o-f-e."
    When posting the tune you could add a description in the post so everyone knows where it came from or who's version it is based on or whatever. And because we have beginners to professionals here, we welcome both simple chords and the more sophisticated jazz ones.
    Thanks for the question.