Quote Originally Posted by boscotom View Post
Anyone have suggestions for a small amp system for iReal Player ....
Hi Tom,
No one has answered you yet.

I think a keyboard amp would be best, maybe with a 12 inch (at least) speaker to cover the bass freq. It would be designed to handle a wider frequency range than a guitar amp (for instance.) There are a huge number of brands, but Roland put out a good range if I had to name a brand. That might be a good place to start to compare.
I would definitely listen before you buy, fiddling around with the EQ etc.
Also you might consider a battery powered (electric optional) one...sometimes it is useful if you do not have power, but if you always play a keyboard rather than acoustic piano, then you would always have to have power anyway.
And if it has an output for further amplification, PA or mixer connections, this would be useful as you could use it as a foldback so you hear the player clearly.
Most have headphone out for practicing, which is good.
You will probably end up using it for other (unforseen) uses, so if you can think ahead a little, you could get something that is more versatile, with the features it has on it (for example a mic input... Or in the unlikely event of your keyboard amp not working for some reason (assuming you play keyboards) then it might just get you through to the end of a gig.)