Thread: Wow, this might be valid for live...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default loop for live gigs?

So I have been doing live gigs with Band in a Box for a few years now, triggering starts, stops, and instrument muting via a midi foot pedal. This app sounds better and seems much more convienient than Band in a Box, and Band in a Box is sometimes clunky and buggy.

I would love to switch to this app for my gigs but currently it seems to lack an important feature, infinite loops. Is there any way to infinitely loop a song? I would like to have an intro, and then for it to infinitely loop, and when I am done I can cut the volume with a volume foot pedal. Ideally a midi foot controller somehow interfaced to the ipod/ipad would be best (to trigger start, stop, go to sections, etc.), but that sounds like something a little far off in the future.

Any way to loop infinitely? Is this something that will be offered in the future? Or can you increase the number of repeats to more than 20 to something larger, like 60 or something -long enough to ensure decent jamming time on a tune? I wouldn't mind waiting longer for the tune to generate if it meant it would play longer...

Quote Originally Posted by acharney View Post
    ...Or can you increase the number of repeats to more than 20 to something larger, like 60 or something ...
    You could re-chart so you have repeats ||: ...... :||
    We allow putting 2x, 3x or 10x etc. at the closing repeat in staff text, and combined with repeating the tune at 20 it should work for you. Chart it so it has to play the repeat bars a number of times before it will finish that chorus, then the Player controls repeat will continue to the second chorus. Even setting it at 4x and 20 it will give you 80 times through. (I have not tested it to see what happens. And it will need to calculate longer when you press Play.)

And you can use the Rehearsal symbol In (for Introduction) at the beginning if you need one before the repeating starts. Tagged with In, it does not repeat the introduction each time through. (Use a rehearsal A at the start of the repeated bars so it knows where the introduction ends.)

See:
    http://www.irealb.com/support/manuals/ios-manual/
    Last edited by Starfish; 12-26-2011 at 02:44 PM.