Thread: Wow, this might be valid for live...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    I play guitar also, so will see if I can see my ipod touch iReal book chords rather than the iPad size.
    I have been looking at some of the music PDF apps for the iPad to have notation charts, have not made up my mind between forscore, Gigbook, iBooks and unrealbook. Have you decided on one yet?
    I wouldn't try to use the iPod for chords, other than a quick skim or refresher before playing the tune. I don't have an iPad yet, but the iRealBook app is giving me good reason to shell out the bucks. As I said before, I'd be happy using the Touch as a player and use the iPad as a pdf reader if needed, for tunes I don't know.

It's still quite a small price considering we've paid out for laptops, and other hardware to do gigs in the past. Of course the iPod or phone will play all your other tracks too.

I've looked at pdf readers on IOS, but until I get an iPad, I can't offer an opinion.

Yeah, the iPad/iPod Touch combo is hitting my "sweet spot" for my gigging rig.

iPad for iReal Book charts and the player, and iPod Touch for my virtual guitar rig.

I've even stripped down the vocal processing. My little Mackie mixer doesn't have an on-board fx section, so I'm using my little TC-Helicon Harmony-G pedal, which has a decent built-in fx section for reverb, etc.

So my whole rig (excluding guitar, mic/stand, powered speakers) now takes up about 2 sq feet of space total. lol

What a wonderful time to be a musician.